in

OMGOMG WTFWTF

Pictures shows what happen if a kid swallows button battery

Pictures have shown only one button battery can do if a kid swallows it – within both 30 minutes and four hours.

CPR Kids founder Sarah Hunstead shared the photographs of what a button battery does to chicken filets on the CPR Kids Facebook page after conducting her own time-lapse experiment at home.

‘[This is to show] just how corrosive button batteries are,’ Sarah told FEMAIL.

‘The first was taken just 30 minutes after exposure… the second after only four hours.’

Source: CPR Kids (Facebook)

She continued: ‘It really demonstrates how much damage it can cause when a child swallows a button battery – this is why it is deemed a medical emergency. Most importantly, know how to help your child in an emergency – don’t put it off any longer!’

The insights for youngsters and button batteries in Australia are frightening.

As indicated by The Battery Controlled, around four youngsters for every week are introduced to the crisis office in Australia, having experienced damage a catch battery.

Source: CPR Kids (Facebook)

The Battery Controlled website reads:

‘Many coin-sized button batteries can appear “invisible” to parents because devices come with the batteries already installed. To keep your children safe: Look in your home for any items that may contain coin-sized button batteries. Place devices out of sight and out of reach of small children ‘Keep loose or spare batteries locked away.’

According to daily mail:

To conduct her experiment, CPR Director Sarah bought a chicken fillet at the supermarket.Having placed the button battery inside, she closely monitored progress over the course of the next few hours, noting that a little damage was caused around the 30-minute mark.

By the time four hours had elapsed, however, the burn marks were clear and more pervasive. This is reflective of what happens inside a child’s body. The Battery Controlled report that when a coin-sized lithium button battery gets stuck in a child’s throat, ‘the saliva triggers an electrical current.

‘This then causes a chemical reaction that can severely burn the esophagus in as little as two hours. ‘If this has happened to your child, they will likely start coughing, drooling or complain about discomfort.’

Source: Dailymail

What do you think?

0 points
Upvote Downvote

Written by Shashank