in

Bahamas resident saved 97 dogs in hurricane Dorian

A lady in the Bahamas has shielded almost 100 stray dogs inside her home to shield them from Hurricane Dorian.

Happy rascals.

Posted by Chella Phillips on Sunday, September 1, 2019

my bedroom is nothing but a pile of dogs..

Posted by Chella Phillips on Sunday, September 1, 2019

Chella Philips, manager of The Voiceless Dogs of Nassau, Bahamas, has offered the safe house to 97 pooches in New Providence. In a viral Facebook post, Philips shared a few photographs and updates on the pooches as Hurricane Dorian pummeled into the island.

Posted by Chella Phillips on Sunday, September 1, 2019

Posted by Chella Phillips on Sunday, September 1, 2019

She wrote: ’97 dogs are inside my house and 79 of them are inside my master bedroom. It has been insane since last night, poop and piss non stop but at least they are respecting my bed and nobody has dared to jump in,’

under my bed

Posted by Chella Phillips on Sunday, September 1, 2019

I don't care about the constant cleaning as long as they are safe inside.

Posted by Chella Phillips on Sunday, September 1, 2019

The Voiceless Dogs of Nassau is not nonprofit that attempts to send local dogs to adoption and rescue agencies in the United States. ‘We may not get hit as hard as other islands and the saddest part is that after the hurricane leave the Bahamas, some islands will take a long time to recover. Each island has an abundance of homeless dogs, my heart is so broken for the ones without a place to hide a CAT 5 monster and only God can protect them now.’ Philips added.

Posted by Chella Phillips on Sunday, September 1, 2019

Posted by Chella Phillips on Sunday, September 1, 2019

The Facebook post has more than 3,100 shares and nearly 300 comments.

Source: Chella Phillips/facebook