in

AngryAngry CryCry

3-year-old lost his life after eating a sandwich at school despite his documented allergies

This sad story is that of a 3-year-old Elijah Silvera who was given a grilled cheese sandwich by a supervising adult at a preschool in Harlem, New York.

After eating the sandwich, he started exhibiting some troubling side effects. The school immediately called Elijah’s mother instead of informing 911, who came to school and rushed her son to school.

But sadly by that time, Elijah went into anaphylactic shock and lost his life at the emergency room.

This tragedy should never have happened. According to Elijah’s family, the cheese sandwich was given to him “despite them knowing and having documented that he has a severe allergy to dairy.”

Elijah’s parents also had already provided the preschool with all the proper medications as well as paperwork surrounding his food needs.

Elijah’s grieving father said that the allergy could have easily been avoided yet was blatantly ignored and “pushed to the side.”

There’s an ongoing investigation and the facility is since been closed.

Source – Youtube

What do you think?

-1 points
Upvote Downvote

Written by Anu Bansal